Wednesday, November 3, 2010

ten little happy toes.......

This morning Charlotte dropped a toy on her toe. She really doesn't deal with pain, illness or injury all that well and unlike her brother, who is a real trooper, Charlotte can be a little umm...sensitive. No amount of kissing it better, singing or bandaid application (note: she only hurt one toe but insisted I apply a bandaid to the same toe on her other foot) would soothe her pain. 
As a last desperate act and mostly for my own amusement I drew a happy face on the injured toe
"ooh look, your toe is happy now"
To my amazement the tears instantly dried up and were replaced with squeals of "other one, other one peeeease" 
and so of course I obliged because the only thing better than one happy toe is ten little happy toes.........
and ten little happy fingers which are way too quick to get decent photos of.....

No comments: